It is with great pleasure that we invite you to take part in the 2020 NYC Invitational
Dwight School Athletic Center – 2116 1st Ave, New York, NY
OSU Hanshi, Shihan, Sensei, Senpai and Students,
We regret to inform you that the 2020 NYC Invitational you were invited to attend on March 4th, has been postponed. Unfortunately, the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has prevented us from moving ahead with our martial arts tournament as scheduled.
This global health crisis is a unique challenge that has impacted not only us within the martial arts community, but us all as Americans.
Our hearts go out to anyone who’s been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly. Our thoughts are especially with those who are sick, to whom we extend our heartfelt wishes for a full recovery. And we’re inspired by the selfless healthcare workers around the world who are on the front lines working tirelessly to care for people in need.
We continue to look forward to having you attend the 2020 NYC Invitational and will notify you once we have set a new date.
On behalf of Danbury Kanreikai, NYC Kanreikai and Shihan Martial Arts, we hope you all stay safe and wish you good health.
Be good to each other and be careful out there.
- Kata – 5yrs old and up (all Ranks)
- Weapons Kata – 6th Kyu to Black Belt
- Semi-Knockdown (Contact Fighting with Protection Gear) – 5yrs old and up (all Ranks)
- Knockdown (Contact Fighting with NO Protection Gear) – 18yrs old and up
Online Registration will open on a date yet determined
If you wish to participate in the 2020 NYC Invitational, online registration will open on a date yet determined.
Each Competitor is required to register separately – No registration is complete until payment is made
- All competitors are required to check-in between 9:00 and 10:00 the morning of the tournament. Regardless of when he/she is scheduled to perform.
- All fighters regardless of age must complete check-in by reporting to the Weigh-In Station.
- In fairness to all competitors and for their safety, each participant enrolling in the fighting events must make sure that his/her weight registered online is as exact as possible. A too large discrepancy between a competitor’s weight the morning of the tournament and the weight registered online could lead to his/her disqualifaction with no refund of tournament fees.
- All fighters must provide their own mandatory protective gear in conformity with the Protection Gear rules and regulations in effect at the tournament.
- A Coach ID badge will be provided at check-in.
- Only one (1) coach per ten students, per school registered will be provided a Coach Id badge
- Only one (1) Coach is allowed court side while their student is competing
- There is no on-site parking. Parking is available along 1st Avenue.
Food & Beverages
- Hot and cold food and beverages will be available at the concessions stand just inside the event entrance
- No food or drink is allowed in the gymnasium
- All on-site sales are CASH only. No checks or credit cards are accepted.
Looking forward to seeing you at the 2020 NYC Invitational
Should you have any questions or concerns, please email us at Karate4NYC@gmail.com
Sensei Maria Van Dessel & Sensei Matt Dickie
2020 NYC Invitational Co-Directors
Sponsored by: Danbury Kanreikai Karate LLC